Dr. S.A.Thasleem Sultana
Dr. Thasleem started Abhaya Kshethram in 2007 on the occasion of birthday of
Mother Theresa and has grown it from serving 2 residents in 2007 to 200 in 2021.
As of January 2021, the 200 residents are:
35 physically challenged orphans
67 mentally challenged orphans
48 destitute women
50 destitute aged people.
Dr. Thasleem is committed to grow Abhaya Kshethram into the largest home for physically and mentally challenged orphans, destitute women and destitute aged people in Andhra Pradesh, India.
Dr. Thasleem has been recognized by various organizations for her dedication and contribution towards bettering the lives of physically and mentally challenged orphans, destitute women and destitute aged people.
Dr. Thasleem has an excellent academic record having been:
1. Conferred Ph.D in Special Education from Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India for her thesis titled "Attitude of parents, teachers and students towards children with special needs in normal and integrated schools".
2. Awarded a Gold medal for Masters of Science (M.Sc) in Psychology with emphasis on Special Education from Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India and
3. Awarded Masters of Education (M.Ed) from Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India.
Dr. Thasleem has received numerous awards and recognitions, including:
1. National award of Rajiv Gandhi Mnav Seva award in 2010 presented by Ministry of Woman and Child Development, Govt. of India her services to the orphaned and mentally handicapped children, and for her working for the welfare, rehabilitation of mentally retarded, hearing impaired, visually challenged and physically challenged children.
2. 100 Inspiring Women award presented to by then President of India Shri His Excellency Mr. Pranab Mukarji at Rastrapathi Bhavan, New Delhi on 22nd January 2016.
3. Devi award presented by then Vice President of India Mr. M. Venkaiah Naidu in 2016.
4. Indira Priyadarshini National award in 2009, Bharatha Mahila Siromani award in 2011, National Integration award in 2012 and Mother Teresa award in 2013 presented by Health Care International a Socio-cultural voluntary organization based in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh for her meritorious services in the field of social service and service to children with special needs.
5. Mother Teresa award in 2012 presented by Sri Lalitha Arts and Cultural Association, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh and Health Care International Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh for her services to the orphans and physically and mentally challenged children.
6. Mother Teresa award in 2011 and Women in Excellence award in 2012 presented by ’SHE’ (Social Awareness, Health, Educational Foundation), Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh for her services to orphans.
7. Alumni Award in 2012 presented by Sri Venkateswara University Alumni Association, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh for her significant contribution and accomplishments for social service for orphans, physically and mentally challenged children, training and rehabilitation of destitute and desperate people and counseling parents of special needs children.
8. Special invite in 2010 for Chaitanya Shravanti – Telugu Vidyalam functions by “TANA" – Telugu Association of North America Inc, USA.
9. Guest of Honour in 2013 for Annual celebrations of Institution of Television Engineers, Vijayawada, Andra Pradesh.
10. Adarsha Mahila award in 2012 presented by Yuvjana Congress Loksabha Committee, Tirupati, Andra Pradesh on Mahila Samman Diwas for her outstanding contributions to the cause of women and children.
11. State Ugadi Puraskaram in 2012 presented by Ghantasala National Arts Academy, Ongole, Andra Pradesh for her contributions in the social service.
12. Appreciation Momento in 2012 by X-RAY, a Shaitya Samskritika Samstha, Vijayawada, Andra Pradesh for her meritorious services.
13. Merit Certificate in 2009 presented by Counselling Psychologists Association, Hyderabad, Andra Pradesh for her valuable services and contributions to the community services, on the eve of the inaugural session of their 2nd state level conference in Hyderabad.
14. Andhra Ratnam tile in 2008 presented by ARPITA, a cultural literary and social voluntary organization, Viskhapatnam, Andra Pradesh for her service to physically handicapped.
15. Life Time Achievement award in 2008 presented by Mother Theresa Social Welfare Organization, Visakhapatnam, Andra Pradesh in recognition of her meritorious service in the field of voluntary service to the handicapped, on the eve of their 8th anniversary day celebrations.
16. State Best Citizen award in 2008 presented by A.P. State Cultural Awareness Society, Visakhapatnam, Andra Pradesh for her guided service to society.